Honolulu Moving Company Review
Moving from Hawaii to Texas
Relocating is a big step to make, but even more so when you’re choosing to move from a small island to the largest mainland state. To help you on your moving journey here is everything you need to know about moving from Hawaii to Texas – from key facts about your soon to be home, to packing for your long distance move.
What do you need to know about Texas?
Due to it’s beautiful weather and booming economy, people are currently flocking to the Lone Star State. In fact Texas is the fastest growing state in America, which isn’t a surprise as there is a Texas city to suit almost every budget and lifestyle.
Texas is one of only seven states where the residents pay no state income tax. This, coupled with the fact that there are several tax incentives for businesses means that a number of companies (from big brands, to new tech start ups) have chosen to make Texas their home.
It is this massive industry growth that has seen the economy in Texas boom. According to Forbes, despite the fact that the population has increased by 12% in the last 10 years, the strong job market has easily been able to sustain this growth.
Another reason why people are choosing to make the move to Texas is the affordable real estate. Compared to Hawaii the average cost of living is far lower, giving you more out of your paycheck each month. The median home value for homes for sale in Texas is about $184,700. And while Texas home values have gone up 6.7 percent over the past year, this is still far less than the national average.
It’s not just the job and housing market that Texas has going for it. The state is a huge culture hub – especially in the Houston, Austin and Dallas areas. From music festivals, to the arts, and even food, Texas really does have something for everyone.
How to prepare for a long distance move.
Long distance moves require far more thought and planning than local moves – especially when you’re relocating from an island to the mainland. Here are the steps you should take at the start, in order to ensure a smooth, successful and stress free move.
- Make a plan as soon as you decide you’re moving. Note down everything you need to achieve when moving, from researching moving companies, to looking into storage, and give each task a completion date.
- Use your plan to stay on schedule. Utilities and school enrollment are time sensitive, so make sure you include them on your list, and research when you need to have completed them by.
- Hire a reputable moving company. Don’t put your move and belongings in the hands of people you don’t trust. Scroll down to see our tips for choosing the right long distance moving company.
- Make sure important documents are up to date with your new address and information. When moving to a new state it’s important you know exactly what you need and how to go around it.
- Purchase moving insurance. Disasters during moves are uncommon, but not unheard of. Be sure to protect yourself and your family by purchasing comprehensive moving insurance.
How best to pack for a long distance move.
If you’ve moved multiple times before, you might think you’re a packing expert. However a long distance move is a different experience and challenge. Our advice will help you save money, downsize and ensure that everything you own arrives safely and on time.
- Create an inventory. During long distance moves your belongings will likely be spread across different states as they are moved at different times. The key to keeping track of everything is to create a detailed inventory list, and note down how each of your belongings are being shipped to your new home.
- Decide where everything will go in your new home, or if you’re moving into temporary accommodation make sure you know which belongings will be going into storage ahead of time.
- Following on from the tip above, make sure you prioritize the items that you need to keep with you. We always recommend packing an ‘open-first’ box, that includes all the essentials for your first few nights in your new home – such as towels, bedding and dishes – so you’re not stuck trying to find the basics when you arrive.
- Pack with distance in mind. Long distance moves will always require additional packing efforts. You may need extra packing materials to keep items safe during multiple loadings and unloadings, and be sure to tell your movers which boxes contain fragile items.
- Be organized with your packing. Make sure each box contains items for one room to make unpacking easier when you arrive. And be sure to label all boxes with your name to safeguard yourself against mistaken and lost items, as your boxes will likely be placed in trucks with other movers’ belongings.
- Leave it to the professionals when you can. Moving companies are experienced in packing and loading of all kinds of belongings. If you’re going to be short of time when packing you can always leave some of it to professional movers, so you can have peace of mind that everything will remain safe during your move.
What should you look for in a long distance moving company?
There are a wide range of moving parts that go into one long distance move. In order for your move to be successful, the first step is to hire a moving company that you trust. Here are a few things you should look out for in order to make sure you choose the right company for your move.
- Consider more established moving companies. Newer companies may be cheaper, but they are usually better suited to smaller and more local moves, rather than complicated long distance moves
- Will the company assign you a coordinator or a manager? Having one point of contact for all the information will make the move far easier on you, than having to deal with a different member of staff each time.
- Make sure they’re open with their prices. You don’t want to be stung with any hidden costs at the end of your move.
- Always discuss liability coverage. If something does go wrong, you want to be sure who will be at fault to make sure you don’t have to foot a large bill for a mistake that wasn’t yours.
- Will they keep you up to date on all pick-up and drop off times? You need to be sure that you will be able to plan out your move accurately.
Why should you choose to move to Texas with Honolulu Movers?
Honolulu Moving Company is ranked among the top Honolulu movers on Oahu. With over 10 years experience, we have helped thousands of customers complete their long distance move in a professional and stress-free manner. Our movers are fully trained and dedicated to providing an excellent service.
We are fully licensed and insured, meaning you can rely on us to fully protect your belongings. Not only that, but we offer a wide range of services that can be customized to fit your individual needs and requirements. Our personalized moving plans include storage, packing, unpacking, military moving and more.
If you’re looking for a moving company you can trust, choose Honolulu Movers.
Whether you are moving within the state or moving interstate, a long distance move like this can be a daunting task. This is why we have come up with this short guide for people who are contemplating moving from Hawaii to Texas.
Sort and Decide
The first step is to sort and decide on which items to take, and which to leave, sell, or dispose of. The less items you are able to take with you, the easier and more cost efficient your move will be. It can sometimes be cheaper to sell appliances before moving, and purchasing new ones upon arrival.
Interstate moving can also take a toll on your budget. Therefore, it is best to get a quotes from different moving companies in your area to get an idea on the amount required for moving from Hawaii to Texas. This cost usually depends on numerous factors including the fragility of items, and the number of belongings.
Planning ahead when moving from Hawaii to Texas is very important Without proper planning, the move can get very stressful very fast. From planning, to timing, to execution, each step needs to be planned out carefully to avoid any issues. For proper planning, you will need to rely on a professional moving company like [name of the company]. We will devise a comprehensive plan for you based on your requirements and specifications.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in both of these states vary a great deal. Therefore, before moving from Hawaii to Texas, make sure you have done all your research and created a comprehensive plan and budget for yourself. This plan should include your living accommodations, job, finances, and other such aspects.
Selection of the Moving Company
Choosing the right moving company to help you will be one of the most important steps. You will need a company that you can trust, and no compromise should be made when it comes to making the selection. When it comes to moving from Hawaii to Texas, our service cannot be beat. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and to that end we strive to make sure your move is executed according to your wants and needs.
A Final Word
Moving to a new state is most certainly a tough process, but here at Honolulu Movers, we can alleviate all of the stress for you. From packing to unpacking, loading to unloading, we can assist you in all the aspects of of your move to ensure that everything is handled properly, from start to finish.